ICON Terms & Conditions
ICONIC TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR KEVIN.MURPHY ICON AWARD
By submitting to the KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award, the candidate must agree to and approve the terms as set out below.
All details and news about The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award will be kept, updated and maintained on the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website.
Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be uploaded to the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website before being applicable. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
Submissions & Timeline
The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award is a global award program open to all stylists in the KEVIN.MURPHY Salon Network.
- A KEVIN.MURPHY Stylist is a stylist who is working in or with a Salon in the KEVIN.MURPHY Authorized Salon Network at the time of submission (1 June 2021 – 31 July 2021)
- A Salon in the KEVIN.MURPHY Authorized Salon Network, is a salon that has been authorized by a distributor in the KEVIN.MURPHY Selected Distributor Network at the time of submission (1 June 2021 – 31 July 2021)
Submissions can only be made via the submission form on the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website. Submissions open on 1 June 2021 (PST), and the submission deadline is on 31 July 2021 (PST). Submissions made via email, post or other channels than the submission form on the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website, will not be accepted.
Following the submission deadline, a selected panel of internal and external people to KEVIN.MURPHY will identify the Top 10 candidates for the KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award.
The Top 10 will be highlighted on the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website from 1 September 2021 to 12 December 2021.
The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON will be officially announced on 15 December 2021. KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the right to revise, change or extend all dates and deadlines. All changes will be announced on the www.kevinmurphy.com.au website.
The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award will be repeated bi-annually; next time with submissions opening in June 2023 (TBD).
The following information must be entered upon submission:
- Story Name
- Contact Information (name, address, email-address, phone-number)
- Description and Timing of the Story
- Selection of category or categories (Environment, Philanthropy, Diversity, Humanity)
The following media assets can be uploaded upon submission:
- Profile picture of the person or team behind the story
- A maximum of 5 separate uploads of image or video files to help describe and support the Story
There are no requirements to the quality or format of the uploaded media.
Upon submission, the submitter must confirm that he/she has the rights to use and submit the uploaded media files (including profile picture), and that KEVIN.MURPHY can use these media files for any advertising and asset creation related to the KEVIN.MURPHY ICON Award. If the uploaded media files are subject to credits, the full details must be given at the time of submission.
Stories to submit
Story” or “Stories” refers to the action or initiative made by the submitter.
The story must have made a difference or impact on something or someone.
The story must relate to one or more of the following categories that relates to the KEVIN.MURPHY values: Environment, Philanthropy, Diversity and/or Humanity. During submission, the submitter must choose at least one category for the story submitted.
The activity, action or initiative that makes the story must have taken place within the period 1 June 2019 to 31 July 2021. The story can be a single event, or an ongoing initiative or program/event.
All individual stories must be submitted individually. A person or team can submit more than one story.
The submitter must be directly related to the story, however the owner(s) of the story can be one person alone or a team of people. For data protection purposes, it is not possible or allowed to submit stories on behalf of others. Stories submitted on behalf of others will be dismissed.
The submitter must be above the age of 16 at the time of submission.
Panel & Assessment
The selected panel will consist of minimum 3 panelists.
All submissions will be assessed and evaluated by the panelists directly or with assistance from a larger group of KEVIN.MURPHY officials depending on total quantity of submissions.
Submissions and Stories will be evaluated and considered based on:
- Relevance: to the KEVIN.MURPHY Values as set out above (Environment, Sustainability, Diversity and Humanity). No value weighs or ranks higher than others.
- Impact: on the environment, community or other surrounding that the Story is/was designed to impact.
- Potential: and nature of the story, and if the initiative or idea behind has the potential to expand, inspire or encourage others.
From the time of submission until final announcement of The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON, all submitters must be available and prepared to answer follow-up questions from the panel and/or KEVIN.MURPHY officials. KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the rights to investigate and validate the Stories and Submission details.
All submissions will receive a hardcopy Certification/Diploma for their participation and involvement.
The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON will receive:
- 2 tickets for the upcoming KEVIN.MURPHY Show FAST.FORWARD* (General Admission + VIP Admission). If the ICON is only one person, the additional ticket can thus be used for a Plus-One guest.
- Backstage Tour + VIP Seating at the KEVIN.MURPHY Show FAST.FORWARD*
- Flight, Accommodation, Food & Beverages covered during the event days of the KEVIN.MURPHY Show FAST.FORWARD
- Celebration on stage during the KEVIN.MURPHY Show FAST.FORWARD
- Cash Prize of $5.000
In addition to the prize, the KEVIN.MURPHY team will do a feature piece for the www.lovekevinmurphy.com blog and social media channels together with the KEVIN.MURPHY ICON. The selected KEVIN.MURPHY ICON must thus make themselves available to take part in public feature pieces related to the Award.
*Should there be more than one FAST.FORWARD Show, the selected KEVIN.MURPHY ICON can freely choose which Show to be a part of, unless KEVIN.MURPHY decides to select and announce multiple winners. In that event, KEVIN.MURPHY will decide which show the KEVIN.MURPHY ICON will receive tickets etc. for.
Should the announced KEVIN.MURPHY ICON choose to forfeit or in other ways decline the award or the title, KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the right to retract the announcement and select a new KEVIN.MURPHY ICON. In this event, the prize in its full will also be passed on to the new KEVIN.MURPHY ICON.
In case the selected KEVIN.MURPHY ICON is unable to attend the KEVIN.MURPHY Show FAST.FORWARD*, only the 2 tickets (General Admission + VIP Admission) can be passed on to (an)other individual(s) (point 1 in above list). The remaining parts of the overall prize (points 2-5 in above list), are exclusively reserved for the selected KEVIN.MURPHY ICON.
Any tax or other charges payable as a result of the cash prize awarded will be the responsibility of the selected KEVIN.MURPHY ICON (the recipient of the cash prize). The KEVIN.MURPHY ICON (the recipient of the cash prize) must seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the cash prize if this is a concern.